category: Cooking shows
Cooking shows at the Cretan Gastronomy Center
Special cooking shows are organized at the Cretan Gastronomy Center with the participation of a local traditional cook. Our aim is to demonstrate how an old and traditional recipe is prepared hands on with the centers visitors.
The workshops are organized in order to keep the culinary culture and the history of the Cretan diet alive as well as promote these recipes that date back in the Cretan history and their strong bond to our tradition and our handicraft arts.
All events are also published on our facebook page, follow us and stay tuned for more events at facebook
Free entrance is provided at all our events
Up to this day we have prepared the following themed events:
- Moustalevria – Tradition Must cream
- Handmade soap from olive oil
- Recipes based on peanut peasant products
- Traditional dry chickpeas – snack-
- Recipes from early 19th century from Ottoman Cretan Population
- Traditional Christmas pastry – Melomakarona
- Eastern Eggs colored by natural vegetables and herbs
- Sweet Madinades – traditional confectionery